[ale] Spacewalk 404 error

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 21:57:12 EST 2012

I'm glad someone else thinks this thing is wacky. I tried to install it on
CentOS 5 earlier this week. I was following the instructions you linked,
for Postgres, and failed on 'yum install spacewalk-postgresql'. I had all
of the repos added that the instructions said to add, but there were still
a bunch of missing dependencies. This is after the PostgreSQL installation
instructions left out the 'postgresql' in 'su postgresql - ...'.

So, I still have no idea if I'd like to use Spacewalk or not. I suppose not
since they can't even get the instructions right.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/

"All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological
personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the
corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a
condition to which they are quickly addicted."

CH:D 59