[ale] Spacewalk 404 error

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 22:41:56 EST 2012

It's a beast of an application to set up. Postgres or Oracle must be setup
first so the spacewalk config can generate the tables and scripts.
It's the only large scale system management tool I've seen that can work
with tens of thousands of similar platform but different use/cinfured
systems and maintain them with timely updates and managed conguration
changes. So it's worth the effort.
But it IS a hard set up.
The PostgeSQL use is new and not complete.  The original development
process required Oracle for satellite server. The conversion to PostgreSQL
has been painful and bumpy. The app has some 200+ tables and each insert
has a pgsql script translated from plsql.