[ale] Spacewalk 404 error

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 18:19:25 EST 2012

I'm assuming you've installed this from the released spacewalk repo and not
a compiled on your own horrific nightmare.

As this is on a RHEL6.2 system the first test is to see if the installation
poked up a bozo selinux error on install so run setenforce=0 and try
update to selinux-policy-targeted.

There is no file "rhn" in spacewalk. It is a generated "listener" page
frontend to the tomcat mess. So tomcat is not listening at the correct
location. Easiest solution, since you don't have a running spacewalk, is to
uninstall the mess and do it again. Be sure to follow the steps verbatim on
https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToInstall. I was running 1.6
PostgreSQL Spacewalk nightlies in a test rig earlier and it worked on
Tuesdays and alternate even/odd days :-). It does sound like you have some
issues with your tomcat setup so be sure to install all the add-on repos.
After that, it really should "JustWork".

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 5:25 PM, Ted W <ted at techmachine.net> wrote:

> Any help or suggestions as to where to go next on this issue would be
> appreciated. I've installed Spacewalk 1.6 on RHEL6.2 and when I attempt to
> access https://servername/rhn/Login.do I receive the Spacewalk page but
> with a nice "404 Error - File Not Found" message where the login dialog
> should be.
>
> I've searched in vain to try to find a solution to this issue. The closest
> I can seem to figure out is that this has something to do with Apache
> forwarding the traffic through to Tomcat6. Beyond that I'm at a loss.
> Tomcat is running, as is apache and my zz-spacewalk-www.conf appears to
> have the proper RewriteRule line as I've seen outlined in numerous posts
> online. Below is the error I see in /var/log/httpd/ssl_error_log:
>
> [Thu Feb 23 17:15:00 2012] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] File does not
> exist: /var/www/html/rhn, referer: https://xxx.xx.xx.xx/help/about.pxt
>
> The /help/about.pxt seems to be the only page I'm successfully able to
> load.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Ted W. < Ted at Techmachine.net >