[ale] Docsis 3 Modem Recommendations

Lightner, Jeff jlightner at water.com
Fri Dec 24 17:37:46 EST 2010

I have had the earlier model Motorola SB that did Docsys 2. and Docsys1
for around 8 years and have had no issues with it.   In fact a lightning
strike that took out my TV,  my router and sundry other things a few
years back didn't phase the SurfBoard.   If I were going to upgrade I'd
certainly by the SB.   By the way I'm pretty sure they sell those at
Best Buy and probably at other local places if you don't want to do mail
order.

I had posted a question a month or so ago because Comcast had sent me a
couple of things suggesting my modem needed to be upgraded even though
it showed as supported on their web site.   (The end result of that was
that I'm still using the Docsys 2 modem with no issues.)    At the time
I posted that thread I saw more than one person recommending the
Motorola SB model for the upgrade.