[ale] Docsis 3 Modem Recommendations

Greg Clifton gccfof5 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 17:17:57 EST 2010

Making the switch from AT&T DSL to Comcast "way faster than DSL" service
next week. Have a Linksys BEFCMU10 ver 2 which according to online specs is
docsis 1  upgradable to docsis 1.1. Instead of paying $5.00/mo for whatever
they provide I thought I would buy a better one. So I am soliciting docsis 3
Modem recommendations. Best price I have seen so far on NewEgg and Amazon is
MOTOROLA SB6120 for 77.78 w/ free shipping. The question is, is there any
significance in quality/durability between different brands?

Thanks and Merry Christmas/Quanza/Hanuka to all who observe such holidays!
Greg Clifton