[ale] Screen refreshing

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 17:10:27 EST 2009

Kill off the eye-candy and see if it stops. I've had issues with the
3D stuff causing problems with the graphics refresh. Currently, I
can't suspend/hibernate and recover. The graphics just hoses itself.
If I turn off the compiz, it goes away. I'm suspicious of some of the
changes made in the drivers for my ATI Radeon Express 1100. It got
better with kernel 2.6.28.

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 5:02 PM, Robert Coggins <ale at cogginsnet.com> wrote:
> Good evening all!
>
> I am having a problem that is becoming increasingly irritating.  I have
> a Lenovo T61 with Ubuntu 8.10 on it. When I browse web pages and scroll
> around the page started to "double up" and does not refresh in certain
> areas.  If I click on the title bar or something the page refreshes and
> looks ok until I scroll again.
>
> This will also happen when I rdesktop into remote boxes.  I am running
> compiz with all the special pretties...  My memory seems to be fine.  I
> rarely use over 50% and that is usually when I fire up some VMs.  and I
> am using the nvidia drivers.
>
> Any ideas?  This doesn't always happen.  Just some times, but once it
> starts it doesn't seem to stop.
>
> Rob

James P. Kinney III