[ale] Screen refreshing

Robert Coggins ale at cogginsnet.com
Fri Jan 16 17:19:22 EST 2009

Jim Kinney wrote:
> Kill off the eye-candy and see if it stops. I've had issues with the
> 3D stuff causing problems with the graphics refresh. Currently, I
> can't suspend/hibernate and recover. The graphics just hoses itself.
> If I turn off the compiz, it goes away. I'm suspicious of some of the
> changes made in the drivers for my ATI Radeon Express 1100. It got
> better with kernel 2.6.28.

Yeah it does work better when killing off the eye candy...  When I
really get distracted by the refresh issues I turn it off.  But I am
like a bug attracted to a bug zapper for my rotating cube and wobbly
windows.  If feels more alive! :)

I would love to find a way to have my cake and eat it too....

Rob