[ale] mixing mailbox and maildir with dovecot

Forsaken forsaken at targaryen.us
Thu Sep 11 05:47:07 EDT 2008

If I'm understanding you correctly, then there shouldn't be an issue
with what you're trying to do. In my case, if I wanted to do something
similar, all I'd do is set the full real path (I'm not sure what ~
translates to for you) to the base directory and let postfix create
maildirs under that for valid email addressess