[ale] mixing mailbox and maildir with dovecot

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Sep 11 08:02:27 EDT 2008

Forsaken wrote:
> If I'm understanding you correctly, then there shouldn't be an issue
> with what you're trying to do. In my case, if I wanted to do something
> similar, all I'd do is set the full real path (I'm not sure what ~
> translates to for you) to the base directory and let postfix create
> maildirs under that for valid email addressess

The end goal is to have sub folders.  I've got that working with
mailbox.  What I did was to create a subdir and inside that subdir I
created the files.  If I was using maildir then I could have a folder
that stores mail and a sub folders too.  With the mbox format I get a
directory entry in Thunderbird and files (folders) under that.   It does
exactly what I need it to do.  I'm trying to organize my folders a bit.
I have thousands of emails.  I never delete.

--
Chris Fowler
OutPost Sentinel, LLC
Support @ SIP/support at pbx.opsdc.com