[ale] Ubuntu gnome session hosed

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Wed Aug 1 12:48:01 EDT 2007

On Wednesday 01 August 2007 12:33:35 pm Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> If you include the text of some of the errors, folks might have a
> better shot at helping you figure out what the problem is. ?Otherwise,
> we don't have much to go on. ?Some errors might also be dumped into
> ~/.xsession-errors, so it's worth looking there.

I failed to write them down, and now I can't duplicate them, because I already
did :
apt-get-remove ubuntu-desktop

tried apt-get install ubuntu-desktop and it failed.. failed to find the US web
site where the file is/is supposed to be.

.xxsession-errors includes many lines of this:
X error:BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 171
Major opcode : 147
minor opcode: 3
resouce id: 0x0

then a few of these:
kio (kservice*): WARNING: the desktop entry
file .hidden/dirfilterplugin.desktop has Type=service but is located
under "apps" instead of "services"

kio (kservice*): WARNING: invalid service :  .hidden/dirfilterplugin.desktop

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800