[ale] Ubuntu gnome session hosed

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Wed Aug 1 12:33:35 EDT 2007

On Wed 2007-08-01 11:59:04 -0400, Paul Cartwright wrote:

> ok, so I have Kubuntu installed, and I added gnome, so basically I
> have Kubuntu/Ubuntu. Except I started getting errors on all the
> gnome-related apps at startup, now I can't even log into the gnome
> session, only KDE. THis is of course Gutsy tribe 3.

If you include the text of some of the errors, folks might have a
better shot at helping you figure out what the problem is.  Otherwise,
we don't have much to go on.  Some errors might also be dumped into
~/.xsession-errors, so it's worth looking there.

I'm not running Gutsy myself (or gnome or KDE for that matter), so i
haven't run into this trouble directly.

Happy Hacking,

     --dkg