[ale] Linux on an IMAC G3

Raylynn Knight audilover at speedfactory.net
Fri Jan 14 03:27:45 EST 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-13 at 21:18 -0600, Jeb Barger wrote:

> I have recently inherited an older imac clamshell g3.  I did some
> searches for a good os for the laptop and came accross yellowdog linux.
>
> Anybody ever use it?  or have any other suggestions?

Yellow Dog 3.0 is getting long in the tooth.  There is a newer released
based on Fedora FC3, but it won't boot on any of the Mac's I have.

We'll be doing an install of Ubuntu (a Debian based distrubtion) on a
Beige G3 at the ALE NW meeting next Thursday.  You're welcome to bring
your box and follow along!  I'll have a few extra CD's in case anyone is
interested.

Ray