[ale] Linux on an IMAC G3

Jonathan Rickman jrickman at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 08:11:36 EST 2005

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 02:57:34 -0500, Raylynn Knight
<audilover at speedfactory.net> wrote:
> Yellow Dog 3.0 is getting long in the tooth.  There is a newer released
> based on Fedora FC3, but it won't boot on any of the Mac's I have.

YellowDog 4 will work on your Beige box if you use BootX from a Mac
Partition. The default kernel does not support the UW SCSI, so you
have to get a little creative if you have that, but otherwise it is
fine. Personally, I'll never go through that nonsense again though. It
was just an exercise performed to prove it could be done.

--
Jonathan