[ale] New Topic

Mark Wright mpwright at speedfactory.net
Sun Jan 2 17:24:01 EST 2005

On Jan 2, 2005, at 3:48 AM, Jim Popovitch wrote:

> On Sat, 2005-01-01 at 22:12 +0000, aaron wrote:
>> I think that many of the hundreds of millions of America Loving
>> Liberals
>> across the country would agree with Mark on the advantages of the OS
>> [e]X
>> generation of Macs .  ;-)
>
> Now, if they would just vote....  ;-)  Loving plastic PCs is a
> universal
> tradition, loving country takes effort.  :-)
>
> I too love MACs, and have been considering a (more than iPod) purchase
> for some time now.  One of the things that holds me back is the lack of
> hardware flexibility that exists in the Wintel arena.

What do you mean by flexibility?  That is exactly why I have never
bought an intel laptop.  Mac laptops have for me out lasted wintel
laptops in long term usability two to one.  That, I attribute to
flexible (supperior) design.  Since I discovered Linux I have been able
to revive previously useless laptops but until Linux came of age your
comment describes my feelings towards the Intel platform.