[ale] New Topic

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 2 18:17:51 EST 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-02 at 17:20 -0500, Mark Wright wrote:
> On Jan 2, 2005, at 3:48 AM, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> > I too love MACs, and have been considering a (more than iPod) purchase
> > for some time now.  One of the things that holds me back is the lack of
> > hardware flexibility that exists in the Wintel arena.
>
> What do you mean by flexibility?

Availability of a wide range of add-on hardware (i did say "hardware
flexibility" above), not just hardware blessed by Apple.  I was speaking
not just of Apple's laptop line, but more so regarding their G line
(specifically MIDI hardware, not to mention software).

> That is exactly why I have never bought an intel laptop.  Mac laptops have
> for me out lasted wintel laptops in long term usability two to one.
> That, I attribute to flexible (supperior) design.

Are you referring to tensile strength?

-Jim P.