[ale] SMC2402W

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Sep 20 06:23:14 EDT 2004

Teilhard Knight wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I found in the net a piece of a thread where Jeoffrey is helping someone
> to configure the card in the subject to receive internet. The thread
> does not show the solution; it is suddenly stopped and I couldn't
> benefit from it. The card is a wireless card, and when reading the
> thread I mention, I was having exactly the same output from the commands
> Jeoffrey asked the person he was helping to execute.

I don't have good news.  I had gotten that card confused with another
SMC card which is supported by the prism54 driver.  I could not find a
driver that supported the 2402 card on Linux.

I thought I had posted that to the list so as to properly wrap up that
thread, but in searching I could not find the reference, so hopefully
this posting will assist others with this issue.

Sorry for the misleading posts. :(

--
Until later, Geoffrey       Registered Linux User #108567
                             AT&T Certified UNIX System Programmer - 1995