[ale] SMC2402W

Teilhard Knight teilhk at crosswinds.net
Thu Sep 23 10:56:30 EDT 2004

> Teilhard Knight wrote:
>> Hello:
>>
>> I found in the net a piece of a thread where Jeoffrey is helping someone
>> to configure the card in the subject to receive internet. The thread does
>> not show the solution; it is suddenly stopped and I couldn't benefit from
>> it. The card is a wireless card, and when reading the thread I mention, I
>> was having exactly the same output from the commands Jeoffrey asked the
>> person he was helping to execute.
>
> I don't have good news.  I had gotten that card confused with another SMC
> card which is supported by the prism54 driver.  I could not find a driver
> that supported the 2402 card on Linux.
>
> I thought I had posted that to the list so as to properly wrap up that
> thread, but in searching I could not find the reference, so hopefully this
> posting will assist others with this issue.
>
> Sorry for the misleading posts. :(

Nothing to be sorry about. Thanks for the time you took to respond. I
suppose I'll have to access internet with my V.90 modem, then. It will be
slow, but if there is no other alternative ..... Maybe tomorrow I'll go
shopping and look for alternative wireless cards. I will buy nothing but ask
which is supported.

Teilhard