[ale] SMC2402W

Teilhard Knight teilhk at crosswinds.net
Sun Sep 19 23:57:38 EDT 2004

Hello:

I found in the net a piece of a thread where Jeoffrey is helping someone to
configure the card in the subject to receive internet. The thread does not
show the solution; it is suddenly stopped and I couldn't benefit from it.
The card is a wireless card, and when reading the thread I mention, I was
having exactly the same output from the commands Jeoffrey asked the person
he was helping to execute.

I am running Mandrake 10.0 and is installed in a partition coexisting with
Win XP and Win 2K, both with access to Internet with the wireless adapter. I
do not know if this is relevant, but upon installing Win 2K, I get:
"insmod'ing module acx100_pci failed at /usr/lib/libDrakX/modules.pm line
85" when I launch "New Connection" in the Mandrake Control Centre.

Line 85 is the last in this context

:
} elsif ($::isStandalone || $::move) {

run_program::run('/sbin/modprobe', $_, @{$options{$_}})

or !run_program::run('/sbin/modprobe', '-n', $_) #- ignore missing modules

or die "insmod'ing module $_ failed" foreach @l;

I cannot install the acx100 or the prism54 drivers. They do not pass the
probe.

I would appreciate your help to configure my card to have access to
Internet, and Jeoffrey, perhaps you can give me a hand?

Thanks in advance.

Teilhard