[ale] Linksys WRT54g alternate firmware

Kevin O'Neill Stoll kevinostoll at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 28 20:20:18 EST 2004

Titus,

I have a WTR54GS and am running Sevasoft Satori v4 and just
happen to have Vonage as my phone service with Comcast as
my provider.

I would definitely invest in the sevasoft support, it's
well worth it. I run the same firmware on a couple of
WRT54GS's at work without any problems at all.

With regard to the two issues that you are wanting to
resolve. 1. Sveasoft has the extra functionality to assign
IP's by MAC straight from the web interface.
2. I actually have my Vonage phone adapter behind my
WRT54GS for security concers, ignoring their recommended
setup. I have not experienced any issues that I could even
possibly imagine.

One of the 1st tests I did while using Vonage was to
download via ftp and http, a couple of different large
files ( large = >30mb ) while talking on the phone to
someone. I didn't notice any difference in download speed
or quality of phone service. Your mileage may vary.

Good luck to you. You will love Vonage, I promise. Making
long distance calls without having to worry about any extra
charges rocks.

GL