[ale] usbdevfs confusion

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sun Nov 14 16:11:23 EST 2004

Christopher Bergeron wrote:
> Jerald, thanks for the help, but my device isn't a memory stick.  It's
> actually a USB-serial converter.  I have it working on one of my linux
> boxes, but not the other.  I can't seem to figure out why.

It could be the speed at which it's operating.  I have a usb-serial
converter I use for my palm pilot.  I had to exec the following from rc:

/bin/stty -F /dev/pilot 115200

To set the speed properly, since:

rhws/home/esoteric> file /dev/pilot
/dev/pilot: symbolic link to /dev/ttyUSB0

lsusb shows the device as follows:

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 050d:0109 Belkin Components F5U109 PDA Adapter

There's nothing on 'Bus 001 Device 001:' thus I suspect that's why my
pilot shows up as /dev/ttyUSB0

Maybe this is the problem?

--
Until later, Geoffrey