[ale] Desktop Linux

Dan Lambert danlambert at bellsouth.net
Sun Jan 25 19:16:29 EST 2004

I am currently using a server running Red Hat 9, and have been very happy
with the robust and relatively secure nature of the OS.

I am now wanting to install a desktop version of Linux on an old laptop of
mine to gain some experience with that application for the OS. Needless to
say, the desktop environment is considerably different from a server
environment, and the UI expectations are vastly different, as well.

What is the most user friendly interface available right now, and what
version of Linux would you install for an easy to install, easy to maintain,
easy to use version?

Fedora? Suse 9? What?

Dan Lambert
Lilburn, GA