[ale] Desktop Linux

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at comcast.net
Sun Jan 25 20:01:45 EST 2004

Dan -

Hello, fellow Linux fiend of Lilburn!

Mandrake and SuSE are very well thought of in that regard.  Mandrake's
urpmi toolset is analagous to Debian's apt-get ans had made living with
Mandrake a lot easier.  I expect SuSE has something similar now.
Genroo, Debian, and Slackware are usable too, but it may be more effort
to get everything looking and working the way you want it.  To the
extend that Fedora is like the Red Hat of old, that would be very usable
too.

- Jeff

Jeff Hubbs <hbbs at comcast.net>