[ale] OT: Well it is going to hit the list sooner or later.

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at comcast.net
Sun Aug 1 23:16:11 EDT 2004

First, I don't think that the equation the guy makes about his boss
"stealing" is valid.  It's a rhetorical trick that I don't buy into;
what the boss does is no more stealing in any real material sense than
if he was sitting in his chair staring out the window.

The thing that sticks in my mind is that this dude was obviously and
plainly out to screw his boss.  Screw with your boss in this way and the
first thing you inevitably do is cast aspersions on the management
ability and hiring wisdom of your boss' bosses.  So, unless you see the
boss doing something truly bad or flatly illegal, best to keep things to
yourself.

So, I see bad moves on both sides.  Of course, the management looks like
they're trying to induce a future workplace shooting.

- Jeff