[ale] OT: Well it is going to hit the list sooner or later.

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Aug 2 06:22:20 EDT 2004

Jeff Hubbs wrote:
> First, I don't think that the equation the guy makes about his boss
> "stealing" is valid.  It's a rhetorical trick that I don't buy into;
> what the boss does is no more stealing in any real material sense than
> if he was sitting in his chair staring out the window.

If we want to take this to the extreme, there is a difference.  Network
resources and system resources are being taken up by playing the game
and researching stocks.  He is stealing these resources.

> The thing that sticks in my mind is that this dude was obviously and
> plainly out to screw his boss.  Screw with your boss in this way and the
> first thing you inevitably do is cast aspersions on the management
> ability and hiring wisdom of your boss' bosses.  So, unless you see the
> boss doing something truly bad or flatly illegal, best to keep things to
> yourself.

Agreed.

--
Until later, Geoffrey       Registered Linux User #108567
                             AT&T Certified UNIX System Programmer - 1995