[ale] Misguided Linux enthusiast makes us all look bad

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Tue Aug 26 11:27:08 EDT 2003

> > If we become more concerned about our appearances to people LOOKING
> > for FUD than our ability to discuss serious issues amongst ourselves,
> > then this list serves no purpose. Just MHO.
>
> Wrong.  The point is, a comparison as this is providing fodder for the
> FUD cannons.  \\

I took the same offense due to the fact that Eric posted his article blaming
someone from the OSS community in the first place.

How can you see a posting in the ale archives as more damaging to the
community than Eric's more visible self-promoting article?

Even if he had all of the facts (which he didn't) he could have just pointed
out that DoS is wrong, instead of blaming the attack on the entire* OSS
community.
Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com

*entire community.
As has been pointed out, it reflects poorly on the community and the readers
will definately get a sense that our most highly technical members are
criminals.