[ale] A good gui distro for that Compaq laptop

Greg runman at speedfactory.net
Tue Aug 26 11:38:30 EDT 2003

I am looking at getting rid of xfce (it requires the Gnome libs) on my sparc
OpenBSD desktop and came across blackbox, openbox, and fluxbox.  Apparently,
blackbox was the first and the project forked.  All 3 just require X, so
they are more lean

Also, it just hit me, you might want to try FreeBSD, as it is desktop
oriented as opposed to OpenBSD.

Hey, is not Gentoo pretty lean ??

Greg