[ale] 2nd Amendment, God, Abortion, Taxes....

rhiannen rhiannen at atlantacon.org
Tue Aug 26 11:16:12 EDT 2003

I've run both OpenBSD and Slack on my laptop.  Had no problems at all installing
either on my IBM 600x, everything recognized when configuring the kernel and x,
resolution is fine, pcmcia cards work flawlessly. IOW, it/they just work(s).
Port's nice. =)

I never could get the (2 revisions back) versions of RH or SuSe work correctly,
each install was slightly different and slighly off kilter, and I choose to
forget the headaches brought by Mandrake 8.0/8.1 (no likey mousey.)

Maybe someday if I'm feeling particularly masochistic I'll try the newest "more
user friendly" offerings, but in the meantime, I keep the Slackware drive in the
laptop, and OpenBSD loaded on the spare.

----
rhia
Excuse me, please.  What universe is this?