Some Info:: Re: [ale] Reviving the ALS

Jim Lynch jwl at sgi.com
Fri Aug 15 10:31:51 EDT 2003

I was at one of the earliest meetings that formed the foundation for the
first show.  David Hamm sponsored it at his place of business and we had
6-8 people show up.  During that meeting we got Maddog on the phone and
talked with him about how to go about getting it started.  I recall he
had some great ideas, but then doesn't he always.  I was travelling a
lot in those days and wasn't able to participate in the event, but I
recall it went off quite successfully.  At that meeting we divided up
the work among the atendees, but I think that list was modified heavily
before the event.  I don't recall anyone taking notes, but I'm sure a
few others that were there are still on the list and can fill in the
gaps.

Jim.