[ale] USB -> serial cables and such

Sean Kilpatrick kilpatms at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 26 15:53:23 EDT 2002

On Thursday 26 September 2002 03:38 pm, marct at mindspring.com wrote:
> Sean- I have two Lexar readers, and they worked automagicly on an
> out-of-the-box SuSE 7.3 and 8.0 setups.  I will tell you that only "USB
> enabled" (which I think means CF+ complient cards) will show up, but I
> get the same results in windows- so its not the linux driver.

Marc,

Do you know exactly which Lexar card readers you are using?
Mine is a Model GS-UFD-20SA-TP -- reads both Type II (IBM Micro drive)
and Smart Media. RH 7.3 can't identify the thing at all and I
can not find a driver for it anywhere.  Well, that's not exactly
accurate; the OS knows _something_ is plugged in to the USB port,
and thinks it was made by Carry Computer Eng., Co., Ltd. But the OS
has no idea what sort of device it is.

Sean