[ale] pulldown menus

Mike Millson mgm at atsga.com
Thu Sep 26 15:48:28 EDT 2002

Tom,

You can change the background color of an option. Try this:

<option style="background:red">some choice</option>

This was a requirement for something for one of the projects I'm working on
now.

Making the content linkable is definitely javascript. Here's a sloppy
example for you to improve:

<form name="form1" method="post">

Select a page to visit:

<select name="dd1" size="1" onchange="location =
   document.form1.dd1.options
   [document.form1.dd1.selectedIndex].value;">
	 <option></option>
<option style="background:red" value="http://www.ale.org/">Page # 1</option>
<option value="http://address_for_page_2">Page # 2</option>
<option value="http://address_for_page_3">Page # 3</option>