[ale] upgrade RH7.2 to RH7.3

Joseph A. Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 21 00:02:41 EDT 2002

"Christopher R. Curzio" wrote:

> Since a reinstall is a good idea, maybe you should give a new distribution
> a try.
>
> I highly recommend upgrading (heh) to Slackware. I've been running it
> since around 1996, and I think it's great. I've been running 8.1 since it
> came out, and it's solid.

Have you ever upgraded a live Slackware box? Normally, I'd
back everything up and install from scratch, but I'm considering
doing an upgrade (after backup) instead (8.0 to 8.1). Any gotchas?

Thanks,

-- Joe
  "I'd rather chew my leg off than maintain Java code, which
   sucks, 'cause I have a lot of Java code to maintain and
   the leg surgery is starting to get expensive." - Me