[ale] eternet card problems

djinn at djinnspace.com djinn at djinnspace.com
Wed Mar 7 20:05:18 EST 2001

As always, YMMV, but I've had a lot of trouble with eepro100's and 2.2.18.
and 2.2.17.  and 2.2.16 (haven't tried with 2.4 yet).
When ours crashed the first time, I did some research (this was maybe
2 or 3 months ago) and the consensus seemed to be that it was a bug either
in the chip's instructions or in the driver (I think I remember it being
the chip itself).  Ours occasionally goes totally whacko and starts
flooding anything that will listen with exec_cmd failed messages.
:\
Of course things may have changed since I did my research, perhaps there's
some sort of patch or something....I don't honestly know.  Would look
into it more carefully tho, if I were you...
cheers
jenn
Chris Fowler wrote:

I am uing 2 eepro100 network card and keep getting the
following errors:
card reports no RX buffers
card reports no resources
It only happens on one interface, either eth0 or eth1.
Only starts sometimes at boot.  I'm using kernel 2.2.18.  Is
there a ptach I need?
Chris