[ale] modem busy

lee lnx at alltel.net
Sun Dec 16 02:37:40 EST 2001

Ok..with  Mandrake 8.1,using kppp, I get a "modem is busy" error message. A
fresh install even,right outta the box it says this..configged by the book,or
so I believe..lol. Probably my 1st mistake there..lol.

Now I've seen this before and if my life was at stake I can not remember how
I fixed this the last time !!  Does this message ring a bell with anyone?

As a side note,I'm seriously considering another disto... The ole blame the
messenger syndrome..lol. I'm thinking SUSE or possible Debian..altho the
latter may be over my head..lol. Not sure why I'd think that ?

 Ah yes..humor during the times of frustration. Well I really do appreciate
anyones time on this here..seriously..all jokes aside. And yes..this was the
box I inquired sometime ago while trying to get this thing worked in as a
proxy for my little home lan,never did get that either..which was why I
re-installed to begin with(read rotted install..lol)

Lee