[ale] BellSouth ADSL

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Wed May 19 21:06:47 EDT 1999

Jeff Dilcher wrote:

> I don't know the answer to all your questions, but you can forget
> about having a static IP address, and, for that matter, you can
> forget about having any time of information server accessable to
> the outside world- I understand your usage agreement strictly forbids
> it.

Call Atlnet.  The last time I talked to Todd there he said you could bet
ADSL through them (obviously provided via BellSouth) and they would
provide you a static IP and would permit you to run a web server or such
if that is what you want to do.  He also said that you would be able to
connect multiple machines.

If you do call them and you get different info, please post to the list.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

It should be illegal to yell "Y2K" in a crowded economy.
	-- Larry Wall, creator of the programming language Perl