[ale] PPP problems

MarNuke marnuke at bellsouth.net
Wed May 19 21:18:25 EDT 1999

Hey

My bitch ass cable company   charter comm.  has this one cable system
with a ppp uplink.   I got everything uptil the cable company kicks in
their 12 session limits.  At that point my modem locks up and i can;t
send anycommands to it.   It just sits there a homeless that took to
much acid, trying to talk to something not there. *image little five
points* hehe  Anyways,  I have it dailing and logging on fine   might
take a try or two but i can log on fine.

Everything is great and dandy until charter comm drops carrier and then
my modem locks up.  I can't send any comands to it.

Does anyone have any idea on what is going on here???

Hmmmm   i'm in the process of writing new srcipts  but i'm little slow
to getting around to do things.   And it's a very time comsuming process
becuase i have to wait around 12 hours to see if the new settings have
any effect  and i don;t know that much about ppp.  But i have been
reading docs  but haven;t seen anything to explain what is going on why
my anlog modem keeps locking up.