[ale] RedHat 6.0

Tom tom at watson.st
Wed May 19 20:36:29 EDT 1999

I know I asked this question before, but my hard disk crashed (don't buy
hard disks from Best Buys, but that is another
story) and I lost all the previous emails. I downloaded RH 6.0 from the
gatech ftp site (twice) and burned a CD on a windows
based machine. I have a Sony CDR that came with a "Hot Burn" CD writer
package. When I create a CDR with the copy
file to disk, I am not able to boot with the disk or create a boot disk
from the .iso file.
Do I need to unpack or process the .iso somehow?
Is a direct copy?
Is a Linux OS the only thing that can read the .iso? (I have Linux 5.2 but
was going to start with 6.0 instead)

Thanks for any help

Tom