[ale] Basic configuration advice needed.

Nick Lucent nlucent at mindspring.com
Fri Jun 25 08:22:46 EDT 1999

On Thu, Jun 24, 1999 at 09:58:12PM -0400, Wandered Inn shook his keyboard and out fell:
> Protecting root is the primary reason.  There may be others, none I can
> think of at this time.  I don't know of any performance gains by doing
> it.

I have heard that it also parallelizes(sp?) fsck, so if your box goes down
abnormally then it will come back up faster. But I havent seen this work
(Doesnt on my box, it does all the partitions one at a time.

Nick