[ale] Basic configuration advice needed.

Nick Lucent nlucent at mindspring.com
Fri Jun 25 08:24:54 EDT 1999

On Thu, Jun 24, 1999 at 10:33:06PM -0400, Jim Popovitch shook his keyboard and out fell:
> I'm curious as to how that protects root?  I've often wondered the same.

I do it just because if something happens (partition corruption or
something) then unless its the root partition, I always have some
resemblance of a working system, then I can repair whatever got hosed. If
the root partition gets corrupted, I have to reinstall (or restore from
backup) but I dont lose all my other data with it.

Nick