[ale] dosemu help?

Nomad the Wanderer nomad at orci.com
Fri Jan 22 20:49:09 EST 1999

What do you use with freedos?

Is it possible to resize the hdimage?  Can I make my own boot kernel
from a win9X  emergency boot image?

Robert

Thus spake Byron A Jeff (byron at cc.gatech.edu):

> > I'm messing with dosemu in hopes of not having to put windows on my laptop.
> > I can get it running but when I do a "lredir" to redirect the linux
> > filesystem to a drive letter I get this:
> >
> > C:\> lredir X: LINUX\FS\tmp
> > Error 5f00 redirecting drive X: to LINUX\FS\TMP
> > C:\> lredir X: LINUX\FS\home
> > Error 5f00 redirecting drive X: to LINUX\FS\HOME
> > C:\>
> >

> > Anyone have any ideas?  I get the same thing when I do it via autoexec.bat.
>
> lredir doesn't work with freedos, which DOSEMU is shipped with. You'll need
> to get a DOS that supports lredir. Not sure but I think OpenDOS does.
>
> BAJ

Robert L. Harris                |    Windows is to Unix
Senior System Administrator II  |      what 'hooked on phonics'
  at Great West Life.           \_       is to Shakespeare

http://www.orci.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER:

FYI: