[ale] dosemu help?

Byron A Jeff byron at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Jan 22 20:37:59 EST 1999

> What do you use with freedos?

Robert I know I gave the mistaken impression that I'm a DOSEMU expert. I'm not
I just was bit by that particular bug the last time I was playing with
DOSEMU.

without LREDIR, it's difficult to do anything with freedos because you
have a hard time transferring stuff in and out of the virtual disks.

> Is it possible to resize the hdimage?

Well you can make a new hdimage and copy.
>  Can I make my own boot kernel
> from a win9X  emergency boot image?

I'm not sure how well it does with DOS 7. The last time I was using it
regularly a couple of years ago I was running DOS 6.22.

I believe in your original post you stated that you didn't want windows. If
you're planning on running Windows apps, Wine is much further along the
path than DOSEMU.

BAJ