[ale] dosemu help?

Nomad the Wanderer nomad at orci.com
Fri Jan 22 22:24:14 EST 1999

Thus spake Byron A Jeff (byron at cc.gatech.edu):

> > What do you use with freedos?
>
> Robert I know I gave the mistaken impression that I'm a DOSEMU expert. I'm not
> I just was bit by that particular bug the last time I was playing with
> DOSEMU.

You seem to know alot.  I figured if you'd seen it you might know it :>

> without LREDIR, it's difficult to do anything with freedos because you
> have a hard time transferring stuff in and out of the virtual disks.

I can do mcopy's and such from Linux I found out.

> > Is it possible to resize the hdimage?
>
> Well you can make a new hdimage and copy.
> >  Can I make my own boot kernel
> > from a win9X  emergency boot image?
>
> I'm not sure how well it does with DOS 7. The last time I was using it
> regularly a couple of years ago I was running DOS 6.22.
>
> I believe in your original post you stated that you didn't want windows. If
> you're planning on running Windows apps, Wine is much further along the
> path than DOSEMU.

I'm actually after a dos app.  I just happen to have 98 on one of my machines,
but not 6.22...

Robert L. Harris                |    Windows is to Unix
Senior System Administrator II  |      what 'hooked on phonics'
  at Great West Life.           \_       is to Shakespeare

http://www.orci.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER:

FYI: