[ale] modules and the kernel

Joe jknapka at mindspring.com
Thu Jan 23 00:06:39 EST 1997

>the support for both of them in modules.  The iso9660 fs module won't load
>because there isn't dependancy information.  I have two modules that are
>reporting this error (both scsi).  What does this exactly mean?

As root:

whyknot% cd /lib/modules/<kernel-version>
whyknot% depmod -a

That should do it. depmod compiles dependency information into a file,
/lib/modules/<kernel-version>/modules.dep, which kerneld (and,
presumably, insmod) uses to figure out which modules need to be loaded
to support other modules.  I'm running kernel 2.0.27, ICYC.

-- Joe