[ale] modules and the kernel

charlie charlie at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Jan 22 17:13:15 EST 1997

On Wed, 22 Jan 1997, James W. Lynch wrote:

> I'll take a stab at this one.
>
> First be sure that /etc/modules have all of the module names
> that you built, and be sure that the iso9660 is after the cdrom and
> zip modules in the list.
>
> Did you try to us insmod on them?
no I'll try that.  I usually thought it had to do with the kernel so I
kept recompiling and rebooting for the changes to take effect. :)

> What does lsmod say after you boot?

hmmm.  I'll have to run that again. :)

> Did you do a
> make modules
> and
> make modules_install
> ??
>
> Jim.

disclaimer:
I went ahead and sent this to the list in case others want to help :) and
need to know this info.

Jim,

Yes I do a make modules and make modules_install.  The isofs module (iso9660)
does come BEFORE the scsi ( I'll try moving that ), but what does the cdrom
module do?  I thought that was for specific cdrom's that aren't 'standard'
cdroms like ide and sb cdroms?  That right now is commented out BTW.

thanks
charlie

I'll send you an lsmod and insmod ouput.
							        Charles Hubbard
	   		 	          Internet: charlie at felix.cc.gatech.edu
 ". . .the pope talks a lot about sex, of which he knows nothing. . ."
	- Robert Anton Wilson