[ale] Future-proofing a house for networking -- what to run?

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Mon Sep 11 14:58:58 EDT 2017

Kyle,

The Unifi US-24-500W is $523 on Amazon.  How is that "inexpensive"?  I
said I needed 16-24 ports, so not sure how an 8-port helps me.  I do admit
I didn't specify "rackmount" in my OP -- Mea Culpa.  But I'd rather find
something more in the $200 range for that purpose (a physically private
network of IP security cameras).

Yes, I do have an Edgerouter for my main router, which replaced my
Routerboard because the RB750 couldn't keep up with my Gigapower network.
I mostly like it.

Honestly I kind of like my DAP-2660 AC1200 AP and see little reason to
switch.  It's worked quite well for me.

Thanks,

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745