[ale] upgrading to ubuntu yakkety

Ben Coleman oloryn at benshome.net
Mon Dec 5 05:33:00 EST 2016

On 12/02/2016 09:45 AM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> On Dec 2, 2016 9:03 AM, "Jerald Sheets" <questy at gmail.com
> <mailto:questy at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> >   Not sure what’s up there.  Even a “do-release-upgrade -d’ (dev
> >   version) isn’t working either.
>
> Sounds like the lts release is locked from becoming a non-lts release.
> No more mix and match.

I've had no problem upgrading from 16.04 to 16.10 (well, in that the
upgrade runs.  I've got one machine I'm probably going to reinstall
16.04 on, as the 16.10 drivers for my video adapter seem to be slower).

I, of course, did need to edit /etc/update-manager/release-upgrades, and
change the 'Prompt=lts' line to 'Prompt=normal'.

Ben