[ale] Xfinity Modem -- lease or buy recoomendations

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 17:15:41 EDT 2015

I have business class with static IP so mine is leased. That means ANY
problems are their problem. I have my own gear connected to a single
network port on their device. Don't care about the extra $10/mo. They
are pushing to upgrade my service and provide a new gizmo with builtin
wireless which will HAVE to be DISABLED or I wrap the antennae in
double layer insulated foil and ground it.
On Mon, 2015-09-28 at 13:08 -0400, H P Ladds wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Clear, my Internet service provider, is shutting down. So I'm
> switching to Xfinity -- because I have no practical alternatives in
> my neighborhood.
>
> I'm inclined to buy my own modem, but wonder how this has worked for
> other folks and what model would be recommended?
>
> Thanks,
> Preston
James P. Kinney III

own tail. It won't fatten the dog.