[ale] Semi Ot: email to sms

DJ-Pfulio djpfulio at jdpfu.com
Fri Oct 9 05:51:08 EDT 2015

The SMTP specs mandate that the email content have 7-bit ASCII as the message. I
looked it up a few years ago to get the client where I was working to follow the
specs.

Email systems which ignore that show up as blank emails for many
standards-compliant email clients.  MIME is an optional addon where HTML and
other types of formated attachments are allowed.  OPTIONAL.

Text is still required in emails, period.