[ale] Is this BS?

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at dsservices.com
Thu May 22 17:52:36 EDT 2014

It's also specious because it ignores the fact that the commercial Linux most people use is NOT Ubuntu/Debian but rather RHEL or Suse.    On RHEL at least the default is to have SELinux on and enforcing and it definitely does a lot more security than just simple firewall setups and of course iptables is there for firewall and its default configuration if you start it is to block everything.

It also ignores the fact that many people turn off Windows firewalls because they don't want to be bothered.