[ale] Is this BS?

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Thu May 22 17:33:02 EDT 2014

I don't believe you can make a universal statement about that.
When I install openSUSE, by default, the firewall is on and no externally accessible services are available unless I enable them.
And it is very easy to use in that configuration.
I can't speak for Ubuntu. I don't use it.
-jt

James Taylor
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

>>> Collin Pruitt <hellow at binenv.com> 5/22/2014 5:21 PM >>>
He is certainly very right about that. Most distributions that are not
specifically designed for server usage come out-of-the-box more
configured for usability than security.

--
Collin Pruitt
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored,