[ale] Device with two wireless lans

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Tue Mar 26 20:25:20 EDT 2013

On 3/26/2013 15:12, Chris Fowler wrote:
> On 03/26/2013 04:11 PM, Alex Carver wrote:
>> It's been done on some routers, depends on the chipset.  Here's a start
>> from the OpenWRT forums:
>>
>> https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=14995
>>

> I got this device to connect as a wireless client to an AP and then it
> is broadcasting a SSID as an AP.  Unfortunately it is bridging the two
> where I would like to to route between them and do masquerading on the
> wireless client connection.

Right.  The thread (and some of the links within it) shows how to set up
what amounts to two virtual interfaces on a single router's physical
wireless interface.  Then the client half of your router connects to
your AP and the AP half serves up a private netblock.  Iptables routes
everything, no bridging.